Fluffy Keto Buns
Sure, hamburger salad tastes delicious without the bread — but when you crave a pillowy-soft roll, this recipe for keto buns is ready for patties, pulled meat, or a simple schmear of grass-fed butter.These keto hamburger buns taste just like the real thing — all with no gluten, grains, or nuts. What’s the secret? Psyllium husk! This fiber-rich supplement helps these keto buns rise and allows the dough to stretch without gluten-filled white flour. With added rise from baking powder and beaten egg whites, these buns are perfectly chewy and fluffy. Since psyllium husk can be harsh on your gut, these rolls are best enjoyed in moderation. However, when you’re stuck in a rut between wraps and salads, this recipe is a delicious change in routine.Just like with regular rolls, you can use these keto hamburger buns beyond burger night: Use them as a sandwich base with homemade mayo, a base for shredded meat, or a dinner roll where you would normally serve a side of bread.
- 28 g Coconut flour
- 12 g Psyllium husk
- 4 Egg (whites)
- 2 Egg (yolks)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 15 g Apple cider vinegar
- 236 g Water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme (dried) optional
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried) optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer or whisk, beat the egg whites until they form a foam with stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Form four thick, evenly sized rolls from your dough and place on the baking sheet. (Thickness is important so buns don’t flatten.)
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. If you cut one open and it still is moist, place them (even the one you have cut open) back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Remove from your oven and serve warm.
Recipe source: https://blog.bulletproof.com/keto-buns-recipe/