Dr. Nadir Ali is an interventional cardiologist with over 25 years of experience. He is also the chairman of the Department of Cardiology at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center. He has several years of experience using the Low Carbohydrate High Fat (LCHF) diet in the treatment of metabolic disease, diabetes, and heart disease to improve the quality of cholesterol. He and his team organize free monthly diet seminars at the Searcy Auditorium of the Clear Lake Hospital that receives more than 100 visitors.
- [3:30] How Nadir Ali got into his journey of the low carb lifestyle.
- [7:25] Becoming metabolically healthy in many cases can actually lead to your LDL cholesterol to rise.
- [14:25] The history of why much of the science community wrongly thinks LDL cholesterol is bad.
- [24:35] Phytosterol, the toxic cholesterol from plants.
- [26:25] The role of cholesterol in our brains.
- [28:20] To be able to feed the brain you must be able to absorb highly nutritious foods quite quickly.
- [37:20] Why Dr. Ali thinks we need to stop demonizing insulin.
- [48:30] Why a vegan diet is most likely not the most optimal diet.
- [53:45] Why phytosterols are bad for you.
- [59:00] What you need to know about PcSK9 and how it regulates cholesterol.
- [1:05:55] The paradox of some ethnicities where they are not obese but not healthy either.
- [1:09:02] Personal fat threshold.
- [1:13:10] Why fasting and feasting is such a beneficial practice.
- [1:22:00] How adiponectin can tell you if you are metabolically healthy.
- [1:24:50] ApoE4 and how it relates to Alzheimer’s and dementia.