Do you have aches, pains, gout, kidney stones or other symptoms that are getting worse instead of better? Are you eating and living well but confused because you still feel lousy?You might have something you’ve never heard of – oxalate poisoning.
Sally Norton (@sknorton), MPH is an expert in oxalates – a plant toxin found in many common “health” foods such as spinach and almonds that can cause many health disorders. Sally has a degree in nutrition from Cornell University and a Masters of Public Health from the University of North Carolina. She managed a five-year, National Institute of Health-funded program at the UNC Medical School.
Sally & I discuss:
- Her background and health journey
- How she found out about oxalates
- What oxalates are, why they’re harmful, and how they affect our bodies
- Sources of oxalates in foods
- My personal oxalate detox experience
- How to detox from oxalates
And much more!
Highest Oxalate Foods: Spinach, Potatoes, Soy & Great Northern Beans, Almond Milk, Nuts, Carrots, Celery, Beets, Chocolate & Black Tea.