You’ll want to save this 2 Ingredient Keto Egg and Cheese Chaffle recipe to make Again and Again!! The Egg and Cheese Waffle is the latest Craze in the Keto World for a Reason. They’re really Easy to Make and are so Tasty. The Best Part is they Only have 1.6 g of Carbs per Waffle!
WHAT IS A CHAFFLE?
A Chaffle is a Low Carb Waffle made with only 2 ingredients… Eggs and Cheese! They can be made with any Type of Grated Cheese and can be made in many different Flavours. My Family Loves Sweet Cinnamon Sugar Chaffles, which uses Mozzarella and a bit of Cinnamon and Stevia. We also quite often make Pizza and Tuna Melt Chaffles too.
HOW TO MAKE A CHAFFLE
To Make a Chaffle you start by preheating your waffle maker. Then in a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add the shredded cheese and mix until well combined. Pour the chaffle batter into 2 ungreased waffle maker spots. Cook for approx. 6 – 8 minutes. or until golden brown.
The best part about the Chaffle is definitely how versatile they are. There’s so many things you can do with them. We like to use the batter to make carnivore pancakes, which my husband Loves! I often use them to make Chaffle Sandwiches. We’re always surprised at how bread like they are. Listed below are a few things we’ve made with the Chaffle batter. What Kind of Chaffles have you made? Let us know in the comments below.
Chaffle Sandwiches – From Steak Sammies to BLT’s…There’s no limit to the different types of sandwiches that can be made with these delicious chaffles!
Chaffle Tuna Melts – Use the chaffle as a base for the tuna melt. Mix the tuna with mayo, spread the tuna over the chaffle then cover with cheese. Melt in the oven until cheese is melted.
Cinnamon Sugar – Use mozzarella for sweet chaffles and add in a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a 1/2 a tsp of sweetener to the batter before cooking.
Pizza Chaffles – Mix in 1 Tbsp low carb tomato sauce and 2 tbsp of diced pepperoni or you can use the chaffle as a base and put your pizza toppings on top.
Peanut Butter Chaffles – Use mozzarella cheese and add sweetener and 2 tbsp of peanut butter.
Chocolate Chaffles – Use mozzarella cheese and add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 2 tbsp of almond flour and a little sweetener.
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
If you haven’t heard of The ketogenic diet (often called keto), it’s a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares similarities to paleo, Whole30, and Atkins. It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. When in ketosis, your body switches to burning fat for its primary fuel source.
On Keto, you’re supposed to get at least 70 percent of your calories from Fat, 15 to 25 percent from Protein, and 10 percent from Carbohydrates. You should avoid all grains, legumes, root vegetables, fruit, (except berries) and sugar.
KETO EGG AND CHEESE CHAFFLE
Have You Tried Egg and Cheese Waffle Aka “The Chaffle” Yet? If not…You really should give them a try. They’re so quick and easy to throw together, they taste Amazing and they’re naturally Gluten free, Keto and Carnivore!
If you love Low Carb Appetizers, then you’ll want to try out These 6 Ingredient Gluten Free and Keto Buffalo Chicken Taquitos. They’re an Incredibly Easy to Make Cheese Shelled Taquito That Tastes Amazing.
Keto Egg and Cheese Chaffle
“You’ll want to save this 2 Ingredient Keto Egg and Cheese Chaffle recipe to make Again and Again!! The Egg and Cheese Waffle is the latest Craze in the Keto World for a Reason. They’re really easy to make and are so tasty. The best part is they only have 1.6 g of Carbs per Waffle!”
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
1. Preheat your waffle maker. Then in a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add the shredded cheese and mix until well combined.
2. Pour the chaffle batter into 2 ungreased waffle maker spots. Cook for approx. 6 – 8 minutes. or until golden brown.
This recipe makes 2 regular sized Keto Egg and Cheese Chaffles or 4 mini Chaffles.
– This recipe can be made with any type of grated cheese. Typically mozzarella is used for the sweeter ones and cheddar is used when a little more flavour is desired.
– If using an older waffle iron, you may want to grease your iron a small amount before adding the batter.
– Let the Chaffles cool completely before freezing or storing in fridge.
– Reheat @ 400 F in the oven, toaster oven, air fryer or a skillet
1 Batch of Keto Egg and Cheese Chaffle = 2 Servings / 2 Chaffles
Each Serving or 1 Chaffle =
240 Calories | 17.3 g Fat | 1.6 g Carbs | 0 g Fibre | 18.7 g Protein
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 40 g Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup PBfit Powdered Nut Butter https://pbfit.com/product/pbfit-original/
- 1/2 cup Stevia (Baking)
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- Mix coconut oil with PBfit, cocoa powder, and stevia stir until well combined.
- In an 8*8 square pan place parchment paper and pour the batter evenly, freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Once ready drizzle with the peanut butter and freeze again for another 20 minutes.
- Serve and keep refrigerated.
Fluffy Keto Buns
- 28 g Coconut flour
- 12 g Psyllium husk
- 4 Egg (whites)
- 2 Egg (yolks)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 15 g Apple cider vinegar
- 236 g Water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme (dried) optional
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried) optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer or whisk, beat the egg whites until they form a foam with stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Form four thick, evenly sized rolls from your dough and place on the baking sheet. (Thickness is important so buns don’t flatten.)
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. If you cut one open and it still is moist, place them (even the one you have cut open) back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Remove from your oven and serve warm.
- 339 g Shredded cheese
- 60 g Cream cheese
- 3 Egg (whites)
- 56 g Coconut flour
- 25 g Butter (melted)
- 12 g Psyllium husk
- 30 g Water (sparkling) Room temperature
- Pink sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 196°C (385°F) and line parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Add the cheese and cream cheese to a large microwavable bowl, stir and microwave it for a minute, stir and microwave it again for another 30 – 60 seconds stir again until well incorporated.
- Stir in the beaten egg whites, coconut, psyllium husk and pinch of salt. Knead with your hands until you achieve a dough consistency, add sparkling water and continue kneading, if the dough becomes hard, microwave it for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Place the dough between to sheets of parchment paper and spread with a rolling pin to 1/3 inches thickness. Brush half of the melted butter onto the dough.
- With a pizza cutter start by dividing the dough dough into 4 equal square, then into triangles, around 4 inches wide at the bottom.
- Roll the triangles up starting at the wide part, slightly make a curve to shape these a little crescent.
- Place them on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart, brush the remaining of the butter on top and bake them for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Fat Head Pastry
- 170 g Shredded cheese Mozzarella is the best or Edam/mild cheese
- 85 g Almond flour
- 2 tbsp Cream cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 pinch Sea salt To taste
- 0.5 tsp Rosemary (dried)
- 0.5 tsp Garlic (dried)
- Other flavourings
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavourings, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape (see photos above). Remove the top baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220°C/425°F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220°C/425°F for 5 minutes.